Today I got to interview pastor and author Steve Daughterty (IG: @stepd0c)! I LOVED getting to talk with him about hell! Here are the questions I asked him:
1. What was your old way of thinking about hell? (@2:57)
2. The first thing we’ll be looking at is fruit. What was the fruit of that belief in your life? (@6:03)
3. What was your aha moment when you realized maybe you were misunderstanding the Bible? (@8:42)
4. The second thing we’ll be looking at is intent and the original language in Scripture. What are the four words that are translated "hell" in our English Bibles? (@13:20)
5. What is this idea of "eternal destruction"? (@25:16)
6. Is God's justice restorative or retributive? (@27:50)
7. What are the wages of sin? (@31:08)
8. What about the "lake of fire" in Luke 16? (@35:39)
9. If there's no hell, why did Jesus die? (@43:52)
Come back next week for part 2 on hell, an interview with pastor and author Joshua Butler, talking about why Jesus died, who's in and who's out, etc! Then the following week, James and I will debrief and talk about our personal thoughts on this topic together.
Love you all! Thank you for your courage to go through this Outgrowing the Good Christian Girl series with us!
(👆My amazon affiliate link)
NEED A COUNSELOR?
Get 10% off your first month with Faithful Counseling!
(This link is sponsored by Faithful Counseling.)
NEW VIDS: Tuesday Life Advice + Friday Faith Series! 💕