Outgrowing the Good Christian Girl
2.3: Investigating Heaven: Who's in, who's out, + other questions
October 15, 2021
Tiffany Dawn + Josh Butler
Let's dive into part 2 of our mini series on hell! Today we're talking with Josh Butler, author of "The Skeletons in God's Closet." Here are the questions we'll be talking about:
1. What was your old way of thinking about hell? (@2:16)
2. The first thing we’ll be looking at is fruit. What is the fruit of that belief about hell? (@4:30)
3. What is a biblical view of heaven and earth? (@8:15)
4. What is hell and why is it merciful? (@12:25)
5. Who goes to hell and who goes to heaven? (@26:15)
6. How do I know I'm heaven-bound? (@30:10)
7. Would you walk us through the parable of the wedding feast (Matt 22), and what that story tells us about hell, heaven and God's posture toward all of us? (@37:14)
8. Can you talk us through the parable of the prodigal son (Luke 15), and again the picture that gives of heaven, hell and God's posture toward all of us? (@43:50)
9. Should this new understanding of hell change the way we think about missions and evangelism? If so, how? (@51:00)
Come back next week for part 3 on hell, as James and I debrief this mini series and talk about our personal thoughts on this topic.
Love you all! Thank you for your courage to go through this Outgrowing the Good Christian Girl series with me!
JOSH'S BOOKS - highly recommend!!👇
PURSUING GOD: https://amzn.to/3AKeI3z
(👆My amazon affiliate links)
JOSH'S TWITTER: @butlerjosh
MY INSTAGRAM: @tiffanydawniqb
NEED A COUNSELOR?
Get 10% off your first month with Faithful Counseling!
(This link is sponsored by Faithful Counseling.)
NEW YT VIDS: Tuesday Life Advice + Friday Faith Series! 💕