We're wrapping up our mini series on LGBTQ+! Here's what we each believe + our thoughts on some of your comments. Let's talk! XOXO, Tiffany & James
WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT TODAY:
@1:14: Why is this topic the “litmus test” of being a Christian and obeying the Bible?
@2:50: Growing up, what was the message you heard about being gay?
@4:03: When did you start thinking more about this topic?
7:01: seeing the depression in his life
@7:28: What made you start wondering if your understanding of Scripture was correct in this area?
@19:30: As far as what the Bible says on this topic, what are some of the things you’ve been thinking about on this journey? INCLUDING:
- Something to keep in mind when talking about historical / cultural context
- Why is the topic of LGBTQ+ such a huge deal in Christian circles when it’s only talked about 6 times in Scripture?
- Thoughts on the passage when Jesus talks about divorce, and could that apply here, or not?
- Are we outgrowing the Bible on this podcast?
- Let’s compare Romans 1 to the wording in 1 Corinthians 11.
- But Jesus never addressed same sex relationships - what does that mean?
- Are we really meant to make a judgment call in this area, as heterosexual people?
@30:40: What do you believe on this topic now?
- Also brief side bar @33:33: What did God intend marriage to be? Monogamy or different genders?
MY INSTAGRAM: @tiffanydawniqb
NEED A COUNSELOR?
Get 10% off your first month with Faithful Counseling!
(This link is sponsored by Faithful Counseling.)
NEW VIDS: Tuesday Life Advice + Friday Faith Series! 💕